FB30 Fire Curtain
Red in colour and 1mm thick (acoustic 16.5mm thick) . The FB30 Fire Curtain is a reinforced glass cloth impregnated with intumescent material. Available in 1220mm widths, as standard or acoustic versions, and in any length (maximum 40 metres on a roll). The curtain can be fixed to truss areas both timber and steel, or between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings etc. PRICE PER LINEAR METRE.
- This curtain provides up to 36 minutes integrity.
- It can be fixed to many materials, including steel, wood and between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings, using Envirograf’s metal straps.
- Alternatively, it can be wrapped around steel, trunking and wood to create a fire barrier.
- It is ideal for using in clean rooms, hospitals etc., as it is non-fibrous and dust free.
- In many cases, services can pass through the curtain. For example, Envirograf’s pipe collars and multi-purpose fire box.
- Please contact us if more insulation is required.
All FB30 fire curtains are supplied with sufficient adhesive for the 50 mm overlap. The adhesive can be applied to one face and pressed together, although it is best to apply a small layer to each face and apply together, giving a much quicker bond.
Just hold together for approximately 1 minute, to allow the adhesive to grip. 1 litre of Adhesive is sufficient for 50 metres of curtain.
Should the curtain be installed in a windy area, Envirograf ST50 or ST75 Class 0 Adhesive Tape can be applied over the glued joint to hold it more securely while the Adhesive dries.
For fixing the top, bottom and ends of the Curtain; for timber supports use Envirograf FB/T Battens, fixed through to the timber with 30 mm large head clout nails.
For concrete, block or brick fixing, use FB/C Metal Straps – 25 mm wide, with 2 mm holes every 300 mm apart. These can be fixed with spit nails, screws, pop rivets (steel) or self-tapping screws to the steel work.
When cutting around services is required;
- Wrap around the service with a section of the curtain and adhere together using the adhesive.
- Cut a cross – X – in the barrier to allow the service through. Once the service is wrapped, adhere the cut area of the curtain to the wrapped service.
- If necessary, fit a patch over the curtain with the adhesive, using a section of the curtain as the patch.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts