SC802 Intumescent Basecoat is a water-based, white, thin film intumescent coating for the protection of internal structural steelwork.
SC802 can provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance. It can be applied to a smooth matt finish. A compatible top-seal can be applied if a decorative finish is required.
This product can also be purchased in 25kg drums. Please click here for this product.
- Water based intumescent coating suitable for internal use on structural steelwork for up to 60 minute fire resistance
- “Next generation” product – with greater efficiency on site
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals
- Very low VOC
- Nullifire SC802 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- SC802 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of SC802.
Surface Preparation & Priming
- SC802 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and primed steel surface.
- Certain types of primers can cause char adhesion problems in a fire. In particular, thermoplastic primers must be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM019 and PM020 primers – see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for details on compatibility.
- SC802 should not be applied directly to galvanised surfaces or zinc rich primer.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nullifire should be consulted for technical advice when zinc rich primers or the overcoating of existing paints are specifed for use.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PURCHASING OF PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS NOTICE:
The information displayed about the products on this website is to be used for guidance ONLY. We advise that all customers contact our technical department to obtain a free no obligation specification and quotation before purchasing goods directly from the website.
Products purchased directly from our website without specification will NOT qualify for certification.
Please be aware that any negligence caused by failure to obtain the relevant advice, or availment of our specification and estimation service, will absolve International Passive Fire Ltd from any liability should Passive Fire Protection Products prepared, or used, by the purchaser, or any other parties, result in damage to property or human life, or for any monetary costs incurred due to incorrect usage.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts