Flametect C-WD is a clear liquid which penetrates into softwoods and hardwoods which are either bare or tanalised.
It works by rapidly converting timber & timber based products to carbon when subjected to a flame or a high intensity heat source.
C-WD is a Clear soak-in treatment that leaves the wood looking natural. Flametect C-WD contains environmentally friendly components that assists the active flame retardant components to deeply penetrate the wood.
This treatment cannot be used on composite woods such as MDF and plywood. This product is not suitable for upgrading standard to doors to “fire doors”.
It is most commonly used as a fire retardant spray for natural woods, although it can also be applied by brush, roller or immersion.
Flametect C-WD. “locks in” the flame retardant components using special couplers that protect the flame retardant from harsh environments leaving a weather resistant colourless product once applied & dry.
- Full Certification with every order traceable to A UKAS accredited laboratory
- Manufactured and developed in the UK.
- Produced in an ISO 9001 Quality Assured environment to exacting standards
- Treatment rate 4 sq. metres per litre (1-3 coats).
- Water & weather resistant
- Water-based flame retardant.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant.
- Excellent performance on dried grasses & palm leaves
- Suitable for spray, roller brush or immersion application.
- Achieves B.S. 476 classes 1 & 0, B.S./EN 13823 Type B & ASTM E-84/UL723/ NFPA255
- Tested on softwood that is 12mm at its thinnest for British Class 0/1 and Euroclass B. Has not been tested on wood derivatives, so we would recommend applying a different intumescent coating to these. For example: the ES/VFR Clear system.
- Can perform to M.C.A. & I.M.O specifications for charter vessels & passenger ships
Need To Know More? Call 01752 690997 for free advice.
Application Instructions ( Wood & Wood Based Products)
- Flametect C-WD may be applied to wood by spray, immersion, brush or roller
- It is important that the product is applied at 1L per 4m2
- Please ensure wood is dry before application. Where it is possible to measure the moisture content, the moisture content should ideally be 20% or lower
- Where multiple coats are required please allow approximately 1 hour between coats
- When applied externally please either protect from the elements or where possible opt for a dry 24 -48 hour application / drying period
Once applied, the lifespan of the product varies depending on where you have applied it.
On internal timber, the lifespan is indefinite
Externally, on horizontal timbers it lasts 5 years. Vertical timbers need retreating after 10 years.
For technical advice on timber fire protection, contact us on 01752 690997.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PURCHASING OF PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS NOTICE:
The information displayed about the products on this website is to be used for guidance ONLY. We advise that all customers contact our technical department to obtain a free no obligation specification and quotation before purchasing goods directly from the website.
Products purchased directly from our website without specification will NOT qualify for certification.
Please be aware that any negligence caused by failure to obtain the relevant advice, or availment of our specification and estimation service, will absolve International Passive Fire Ltd from any liability should Passive Fire Protection Products prepared, or used, by the purchaser, or any other parties, result in damage to property or human life, or for any monetary costs incurred due to incorrect usage.