Thermoguard Fire Varnish kits (Internal) 20m2
Thermoguard Fire Varnish kits (Internal) Euroclass B S2 D0 and BS Class 0/1 is a clear fire retardant varnish for interior and exterior timber surfaces. The product is available in 20m2 packs each pack contains the correct amount of intumescent (Fire Varnish Basecoat) and topcoat (Fire Varnish Overcoat) to ensure protection is achieved inline with the manufacturers recommendations to the respective area in question.
The Thermoguard Fire Varnish system is a 2 pack intumescent base coat that is formulated to provide a tough, durable finish to internal and external wood. Clear and stained finishes are available to enhance the natural appearance of the wood whilst offering an outstanding fire performance.
Interior kits are available in a clear and a stained finish, please see image above.
Each kit contains the following
- 1 x 20m² Fire Varnish Basecoat (2 pack)
- 1 x 20m² Fire Varnish Overcoat Clear or Stained (single pack)
To gain a Euroclass B-S2-d0 Reaction to fire or the old British Class 1/0 Surface Spread of Flame you need to do the following:
- Apply 1 coat of Thermoguard Fire Varnish Basecoat to all exposed surfaces of timber
- Leave to dry for 1 to 4 days (Temperature and humidity dependant)
- Apply 1 coat of Thermoguard Fire Varnish Overcoat Clear or Stain for C1 to C2 Environmental conditions. Please refer to the Corus guide or speak to our technical team to ascertain which category your building falls under.
- Or apply 2 coats of Thermoguard Fire Varnish Overcoat Clear (Not the stain) for C3 internal Environmental conditions.
For external timber please contact our technical team on 01752 690997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previously Varnished and Stained Surfaces or Wood Preservers
The Thermoguard Fire Varnish kits can be applied over firmly adhered standard clear varnishes. dyes, and stains before doing so please contact our technical team on 01752 690997 or email email@example.com
If preservatives are required, use rapid drying clear non water repellent grades. For tanalised or other preservative treatments, contact Technical Dept. Allow adequate time for stain or preservative fluids to escape.
Fire Test Standards
- Euroclass B s2 do
- BS Class 1/0
If you require a 30 or 60 minute fire resistance or fire door upgrades please refer to the the following products:
- Cover, countersink & fill, or use non-ferrous, galvanized, stainless or sheradised fittings
- Ensure surfaces are dry, clean and free of all contamination.
- Varnished, sealed or non-porous wood should be abraded thoroughly with medium grade silicone carbide abrasive when dry to provide a good key.
During application & drying of the full system:-
- Ensure the Enviromental conditions are C1 or C2 as per the Corus guide
- Ensure surfaces are thoroughly dry – max 18% moisture content of the timber, please use a moisture gauge to check.
- Maximum relative humidity RH 75%, please use a humidity gauge to check.
- Ensure adequate ventilation in areas during application and curing process.
- Absolute minimum air temperature 6°C. Minimum surface temperature 3°C above dewpoint, for best finish 10 degree air temperature is advised
Please refer to data sheets before application, if you do not have copies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
For technical advice and other enquiries, please contact us on 01752 690997.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PURCHASING OF PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS NOTICE:
The information displayed about the products on this website is to be used for guidance ONLY, we advise that all customer contact our technical department to obtain a free no obligation specification and quotation before purchasing goods directly from the website.
Products purchased directly from our website without specification will NOT qualify for certification.
Please be aware that any negligence caused by failure to obtain the relevant advice, or availment of our specification and estimation service, will absolve International Passive Fire Ltd from any liability should Passive Fire Protection Products prepared, or used, by the purchaser, or any other parties, result in damage to property or human life, or for any monetary costs incurred due to incorrect usage.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts