Protecta FR Acrylic
Protecta FR Acrylic is our best-selling fire rated mastic. It has been developed and tested so that it can be used in nearly all fire-stopping situations with very few exceptions. This avoids the need to carry many different fire mastics/sealants, so it is considered very useful.
This fire rated mastic can also be used in combination with the Protecta FR Board.
Protecta FR Acrylic is tested with many different types of penetrations through many different constructions. It is intumescent and closes the gap even after plastic pipes burn away, to prevent the spread of fire and smoke. This expansion occurs at approximately 180ºC and seals off openings in walls and floors for up to 4 hours.
If required, Protecta’s Mineral Fibre Bio can be used as a backing material to reduce FR Acrylic’s shrinkage and ensure that the appropriate width to depth ratio is maintained.
- FR Acrylic has a high end formula, which is certified in many countries worldwide
- Classified for fire sealing all types of construction and building service penetrations in cross-laminated timber walls and floors.
- These include: drywalls, masonry walls, concrete walls, concrete floors and composite floors.
- Service penetrations: cables, cable bundles, cable conduits, steel pipes, copper pipes, composite pipes, PVC pipes, PE pipes, ABS pipes, PP pipes and PEX pipe-in-pipes
- Very high sound insulation
- It has been tested at 600 Pascal and shown to be air, smoke and gas tight.
- It has a low environmental impact due to its low emissions
- Simple to apply with a smooth surface finish
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movement up to 12.5%
- No priming necessary for application to most materials
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, masonry, steel, gypsum, glass, plastics and most non-porous surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack free after 1 hour (the fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to cure for a month)
- 24 months storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life
- Class EI 240
Single sided seal ≥12mm depth – reduction up to 62dB
Double sided seal ≥12mm depth – reduction at least 62dB
This testing was in accordance with EN ISO 10140-2:2010 and carried out without any backing material.
For more complex services, FR Graphite may be needed instead.
Please contact us on 01752 690997 for technical support.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts