Protecta Intumescent Pipe Collars
The Protecta fire rated collar consists of a split white coated, circular steel casing designed to fit around plastic pipes. These intumescent pipe collars have a secure and simple locking device, making them easy to install.
The pipe collar’s steel frame contains a graphite based swelling material that reacts to heat. Under high temperatures it fills the opening from the melting plastic through-penetration and crushes the pipe. It should be used on pipes going through fire rated walls and floors. Please refer to the installation instructions to decide on the most appropriate setup for your construction. These can be provided upon request.
Protecta Intumescent Pipe Collars are available in the following sizes:
Ø Diameter / Thickness
Ø32mm/30mm, Ø40mm/30mm, Ø55mm/30mm, Ø63mm/30mm, Ø75mm/30mm, Ø82mm/30mm, Ø90mm/30mm, Ø110mm/30mm, Ø125mm/60mm, Ø140mm/60mm Ø160mm/60mm, Ø200mm/75mm, Ø250mm/75mm, Ø315mm/75mm
Different thickness fire-rated collars may be ordered on request – please contact us for more information.
Protecta’s Intumescent Pipe Collars have many benefits, including:
- New patented fast expanding graphite material. This material is certified worldwide.
- They come in a wide range of sizes, from the smallest pipes to Ø315 mm, with a wide range of pipe wall thicknesses (please contact us for further information on availability)
- They come in two different heights for different fire classifications to maximize cost efficiency
- Smaller pipes can be fitted within larger collars with the benefit of accommodating pipes that are at an angle or if the opening around the pipe is too large
- These collars have been tested to fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
- Certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC and PP pipes
- Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
- Classified for fire sealing in all types of constructions
- Excellent sound insulation
- No emissions – environmentally and user friendly
- Simple to install; this product uses widely available standard screws
- Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life guarantee
- Tested by Intertek, report numbers IWTN/W000009628ARL001 and WTN/W000009628RLM001
- CE Marked
- May be used in conjunction with Protecta FR Board
Exova BM Trada sound tested these collars according to EN ISO 10140-2, finding the pipe collars to achieve a Rw 58 dB sound reduction.
Regarding fire testing, they have been tested to EN 1366-3 in conjunction with EN 1363-1.
ETAs can be provided upon request.
For more information on this product, or technical advice, please contact us on 01752 690997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts