Protecta FR Board
The Protecta FR Board can be installed into fire rated walls and floors, where there are service penetrations, to prevent the spread of fire and smoke, as well as maintain the acoustic performance in fire rated walls and floors. It is the most common fire sealing method, due to its quick installation around big/complicated fire seals, especially once the fitter is experienced at using the system.
Measurements have shown that you often only spend half the time compared to the traditional mortar system and that it may even be used in wet areas as well as outdoors.
The boards are made from high density stone wool which has been coated externally in FR Coating.
The purpose of FR Coating on this stone wool is to reduce the permeability of the stone wool, provide a barrier to hot gases, then reduce the temperature rise on the unexposed side.
Sizes and variations
These boards are available in 50mm and 60mm thicknesses.
The most common batts are ordered with coating on both sides and for them to be ribbed.
You can also purchase ribbed boards with coating on one side and smooth boards with coating on both sides.
Choose the board type which will be most appropriate on your situation, according to the installation and fire resistance.
Additional firestopping products
The fire board, also referred to as a fire batt, has been tested on all types of through-penetrations in all types of constructions and may also be combined with Protecta Cable Transit, Collar and Pipe Wrap. It is also ideal for closing over all types of ceilings against concrete floors and has been approved for upgrading of all types of floors.
- Classified for all types of constructions with or without building service penetrations
- Simple and very quick to install
- Once cured, it can resist UV, humidity and frost
- Easy to retrofit additional building services after installation
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movements during fire and smaller movements in the construction it has been fitted within
- Suitable for most surfaces, including concrete, bricks, masonry, steel, wood, gypsum, glass, plastic and most non-porous surfaces
- May be used in unlimited lengths in walls with heights up to 1200mm and in floors with widths up to 800 mm.
- May be installed in drywalls with or without framing around the opening
- Halogen free with added fungicides
- Protecta FR Board can be supplied with a smooth surface
- The fire performance specification of the board has been derived when the seal has been let to cure for a month
- Precautions are required to be taken to prevent a person stepping onto a blank horizontal penetration seal
Description : Sound Reduction
Single FR Board 2-S as linear seal ≤120mm wide : RW 55dB
Single FR Board 2-S as large seal : Rw 29dB
Double FR Board 1-S or 2-S as large seal : Rw 52dB
FR Board 1-S or 2-S with 50mm cavity, large seal : Rw 53dB
*This testing was undertaken at Warringtonfire Testing and Certification Ltd. (UKAS accredited); according to EN ISO 10140-2:2010.
For more information on these fire batts, please refer to the technical data sheet in the data sheets tab above.
To order Protecta FR Boards, please contact us on 01752 690997.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts