FrameFit Bottom Door Seals
FrameFit is a new product range of materials designed to narrow the gaps on fire doors which do not meet the gap thickness requirements set out by UK building regulations.
The FrameFit Bottom Door Seals are designed to be used on the bottom of fire doors, if the gap between the floor and the door is greater than 8mm (on Fire Only doors) and 3mm (on Fire and Smoke doors).
In between the door and the bottom door seal, use the FrameFit low modulus strips to the adequate thickness to make the door compliant.
The fin on the bottom door seal may be trimmed if required.
The FrameFit Bottom Door Seals come as 1m lengths which can be trimmed down lengthways if necessary.
For FD30 doors, choose the 44mm wide units. For FD60 doors, choose the 54mm wide units.
These will need to be able to be mechanically fixed around the bottom of the door, which needs to be at least 44mm thick.
- It is made from a semi-rigid material, with minimum compression.
- It is completely REACH compliant.
- Installation can be in most environments: between -30 degrees C and +50 degrees C.
- It contributes to high thermal and acoustic insulation value.
- It can be cut, trimmed and shaped very easily.
- It does not shrink.
- It is resistant to mould and water.
- Its vicat softening point is 90 degrees C.
- The product density is 1400kg/m3.
- It has a shore “A” hardness of 89.
FrameFit strips have been tested according to BS1634-1 and BS 476 part 22.
This testing shows that the product is fire rated up to 60 minutes.
You may also be interested in the FrameFit High Expansion Intumescent and Smoke Seal, or the FrameFit Low Modulus Spacers.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts