FrameFit High Expansion Intumescent & Smoke Seals
FrameFit is a new product range of materials designed to narrow the gaps on fire doors which do not meet the gap thickness requirements set out by UK building regulations.
The FrameFit High Expansion Intumescent & Smoke Seals are designed to be used on the sides and head of the frame, if the gap between the frame and the door is greater than 4mm.
They are 1.5mm thick, so on their own can be used on gaps up to 5.5mm wide.
If your gap is larger than 5.5mm wide, you will need to use the FrameFit Low Modulus seals, which come in 1.5mm, 3mm and 5mm thicknesses, then use the FrameFit High Expansion seal on top, or use a fire and smoke rebated seal on the door.
All FrameFit door frame rolls are 5.2m long.
For FD30 doors, choose the 44mm wide strips. For FD60 doors, choose the 54mm wide strips.
Doors must be a minimum of 44mm thick for the FD30 strips and 54mm thick for the FD60 strips.
Properties of the FrameFit High Expansion Intumescent & Smoke Seal
- It is made from a semi-rigid material, with minimum compression.
- It is completely REACH compliant.
- Installation can be in most environments: between -30 degrees C and +50 degrees C.
- It contributes to high thermal and acoustic insulation value.
- It can be cut, trimmed and shaped very easily.
- It does not shrink.
- It is resistant to mould and water.
- Its vicat softening point is 90 degrees C.
- The product density is 1400kg/m3.
- It has a shore “A” hardness of 89.
FrameFit strips have been tested according to BS1634-1 and BS 476 part 22.
This testing shows that the product is fire rated up to 60 minutes.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts