Fire & Acoustic Seals ‘Fire Door Foam’ is a revolutionary Polyurethane foam designed to seal the gaps between walls and fire door frames, achieving fire protection for up to 1 hour.
- This product is quick and easy to install. It takes about 3 minutes, compared to 15 minutes with mineral fibre wool & intumescent mastic.
- It can be used with standard plastic & timber packers.
- Up to 60 minutes fire rating, or 120 minutes using the Fire & Acoustic Seals mastic.
- This product has been fire, smoke and acoustic tested.
- The fire testing was done on timber doorsets.
- Certifire approved: CF5839
- Fully compliant and tested to:
- BS 476: Part 20 and 22: 1987
- BS EN 1634 – 1: 2014
- BS EN 1366-4: 2008
- BS EN 1634-3: 2004 (smoke control test)
- Sound reduction ability of up to 60 dB Rw.
- Each can provides enough material for about 3-4 door sets.
- It can be stored for approximately 12 months.
- This product is suitable for use in slim-line framing
- It does not require additional backing & capping media
To prepare, ensure that the surfaces are firm, clean, free of dust and loose particles before application.
Moisten the cavity/voided area well, to aid installation adhesion. In some cases a primer is needed prior to applying the foam.
Protect the application area appropriately.
Ensure that the room temperature is between 10 and 30 degrees Celcius before application.
Ideally, the temperature should be 20 degrees Celcius.
Do not store any unopened cans in temperatures above 50 degrees Celcius, or in direct sunlight.
Shake each foam can for 2 minutes, so that the foam inside the can becomes liquid.
Once shaken, attach the can to the foam gun/adapter.
Fill the cavity/aperture from the bottom, moving upwards. It is important to do this slowly, building up the layers of foam, but equally for the cavity to not be over-filled.
Once the foam has cured, use a sharp blade to cut off the expanded “cured” foam.
For more information click here.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts