TIMONOX UPGRADE BASECOAT
Timonox Upgrade Basecoat is fundamental when fireproofing a Class 4 surface. Without it, it is impossible to achieve a Class 0 rating. A layer of this basecoat creates a thick insulating char layer, upon which any Timonox finish can be applied. This carbonaceous foam (char) layer protects any underlying substrate, including underlying conventional paint and insulates the surface.
- It can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray
- Touch dry after 1 hour
- Recoatable after 4-6 hours under normal drying conditions
- It is water-borne
Other key points:
- It is only available in white
- Film thickness: wet 400 microns, dry 200 microns @ 2.5m² per litre
- Matt finish
- It can be applied to walls, ceilings and certain woods (timber, plywood & MDF). Please contact our technical team to discuss the best solution for your wood fireproofing, as another product may be more suitable.
- See technical data sheet for more information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PURCHASING OF PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS NOTICE:
The information displayed about the products on this website is to be used for guidance ONLY. We advise that all customer contact our technical department to obtain a free no obligation specification and quotation before purchasing goods directly from the website.
Products purchased directly from our website without specification will NOT qualify for certification.
Please be aware that any negligence caused by failure to obtain the relevant advice, or availment of our specification and estimation service, will absolve International Passive Fire Ltd from any liability should Passive Fire Protection Products prepared, or used, by the purchaser, or any other parties, result in damage to property or human life, or for any monetary costs incurred due to incorrect usage.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts