Protecta FR Adhesive is a multipurpose product, serving as both an adhesive and a filler.
Specifically, it should be used to bond or seal very hot surfaces, as it can withstand temperatures greater than 1200 °C. This means that it can sustain a seal/bond when attacked by fire and ensure detachment doesn’t occur.
It is composed of a water-based inorganic polymer and filler.
Once cured, the thixotropic paste turns into a cement which forms a permanent bond with the substrate.
- It can bond mineral fibre boards to steel, timber and concrete, in order to add an extra layer of protection against heat transfer.
- It can seal joints on stoves, flues, grates and central heating boilers
- Annual gaps can be sealed on high surface temperature pipes with this product
- Use it to seal and repair small cracks and holes in car exhaust systems
- It can prevent noise and gas emission leaks
- It can be applied to the majority of substrates, including: stone, brick, concrete, cement, plaster, timber, metals, stone wool, glass, paper, vitreous and ceramic surfaces, as well as all inorganic materials (please test adhesion, however, on painted surfaces and plastic)
- When used under the correct applications, it will grab instantly, without the need for additional supports.
- High bond strength once cured.
- High temperature tolerance – withstands temperatures above 1200 °C
- Can be used in situ
- Ready to use with a standard cartridge gun.
- This adhesive sets quickly and is tack free in approx. 1 hour. Good bond in 4 hours and fully cured in 48 hours. Heat speeds up the cure time.
- Slump resistant
- Whilst in service, Protecta FR Adhesive is shock and vibration resistant
- No priming is needed prior to application on most materials.
- This adhesive is practically odourless and VOC free
- Because it is alkaline, it does not attack acid sensitive substrates
- 12 months storage time, when stored under the correct conditions
- 30 years working life, when installed under the correct conditions
Fire resistance information
The fire performance specification of a bond has been derived when the adhesive has been let to cure for only 24 hours
|Steel I Beams and columns, and rectangular or circular hollow columns||Mineral fibre stone wool boards or sections ≤ 6.4 kg/m2 (e.g. 40mm thick at 160 kg/m3)||R 120 *)|
*) Limited by the approval of the mineral fibre boards used. Tested with 20-40mm thick Protecta R-Board (mineral fibre stone wool at 160 kg/m3).
- Do not use on substrates that can exude certain oils and plasticizers or solvents.
- Do not use in areas of food contact or medical applications.
- Cannot be subject to sub-zero temperatures before setting, which takes approximately 48 hours.
- Do not subject this product directly to water or moisture.
Prior to application, ensure that the application surface is clean, sound and free from dirt, grease and any other form of contamination. Loose particles should be cleaned away.
Rust on metals should be abraded away with a wire brush.
Ensure application is even and that good contact is made. Clamp immediately and smooth as required.
If required, use a damp cloth or sponge to remove excess.
Water, in small quantities, may also be used to smooth the surface if necessary.
Tools and excess material can be cleaned with water.
For specific instructions on bonding mineral fibres, please refer to the technical data sheet in the tab above.
You can also access further technical information about this product in this sheet.
For verbal technical advice, please call us on 01752 690997. Our other contact details can be found here -> Contact Us
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts