40 x 10″ Gold Intumescent letterbox ABS Frame / Metal Flap DISCOUNT
These stylish ABS framed, telescopic 10″ intumescent letterboxes, with gold finished metal flaps are suitable for FD30 fire doors, due to their high expansion intumescent liner. In the event of fire the intumescent liner expands rapidly and seals of the letterbox opening, preventing the spread of fire and smoke whilst maintaining the integrity of the fire door assembly.
It can fit into doors with a 40mm – 80mm thickness
Fire Safety Assurance: The intumescent properties of this letter box ensure that it expands in the presence of heat, creating a protective barrier against fire.
Durable Construction: Engineered with high-quality materials, the 10″ Intumescent Letter Box guarantees longevity and resilience. The robust design ensures resistance to daily wear and tear. The letterbox flap can open to 180˚
Gold finished metal flaps: The flaps boast a sleek and modern gold finish, adding a touch of elegance to your entryway. This stylish element not only enhances the overall aesthetic but also resists corrosion, ensuring a pristine appearance for years to come.
Easy Installation: Designed with convenience in mind, our letter box is easy to install, fitting seamlessly into most doors. Whether you’re upgrading an existing unit or adding a new feature to your entrance, the installation process is hassle-free.
Product Testing Data
These 10″ intumescent letterboxes have been fire tested to BS 476 part 22: 1987 and BS EN 1634-1. They achieved a 30 minute fire rating.
Smoke tested to BS 476 Part 31/1:1983.
Acoustic tested to BS EN ISO 140-3:1995, achieving 32dB Rw.
Security tested to BS EN 13724 Clause 6.6.5. (They are compliant within Scope of PAS 23/24).
- Adjustable telescopic sleeve set to suit
- Fitted with brush pile draught excluders
- Integral sound dampening bumpers
- Ergonomic curved edge design
- Fully sealed backplate
1. Measure the external dimensions of the central telescopic section (including the fitted intumescent liner) to ascertain the aperture cut-out.
2. Carefully cut an aperture in the fire door leaf up to 1050mm from the bottom of the door. Please ensure that the aperture is a tight fit to allow the fixing of wood screws into the corner of the face plates.
3. The face plate fitted with the integral draught excluders should be located to the internal face of the door.
4. Locate the letter box into the cut aperture and secure using 4no. steel wood screws into each face plate.
5. To maintain the fire proof integrity of the fire door ensure any gaps between the letter box and the door aperture are sealed using our intumescent sealant.
Next day delivery available
peace of mind
14 day returns policy
Call for the best prices
Speak to our experts